- Idiopathic cystitis
- Prophylactic prevention of calcium oxalate stones
- Prophylactic prevention of struvite stones
- Stuvite dissolution
- Pregnancy, lactation, kittens
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Parallel use of urine acidifying medication
- Struvite dissolution: Urinary S/O helps to dissolve struvite stones.
- Increases urine volume: Helps to reduce the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate and struvite stones.
- Low RSS: Helps to produce urine with an unfavourable pH for stone formation. Also lowers the concentration of ions which contribute to crystal formation.
- Urine dilution: The high moisture content dilutes the urine and the minerals in the bladder. This helps to alleviates discomfort and reduces the risk of struvite and calcium oxalate stone formation.
Changing your pet’s diet and length of treatment:
Your pet will need to stay on this diet for 5 to 12 weeks, or until the stones are dissolved. It is advisable to feed this diet for a further 6 months to prevent a recurrence.Further information:
Please ensure that during its illness your pet is fed only with Urinary S/O, otherwise the effectiveness of this product may be reduced.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support.
Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your Vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to your pet.
Meat and animal derivatives (incl. 5%beef), cereals, oils and fats, eggs and egg derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals, molluscs and crustaceans, various sugars.
Additives (per kg): Vitamin D3 280 IU, iron 5.6mg, iodine 0.2mg, copper 1.3mg, manganese 1.7mg, zinc 17mg.
Feeding recommendation (g/day)
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet – Urinary S/O Chicken is complete wet food for cats